Workflow Application to Manage COVID-19 Screening Sites
An application, The Recovery Platform, will assist health systems and government entities offering drive-thru mass screening, with a scheduling and management system for state residents .
Problem: Residents without appropriate symptoms arrive at screening sites and consume valuable “screener” staff time and reduce availability for those who qualify for screening.
- Reduces time spent and materials exchanged decreasing the risk of infection
- Captures assessments in advance and prevents Residents from appearing who don’t meet the criteria.
- Fosters the collection of additional data for mining and analytics.
- Automates results notification decreasing required staffing needs and increasing focus on resident care.
- Online Assessment & Qualification of state residents requiring COVID screening, including prioritization based on capacity.
- Online Scheduling of COVID Screening at available locations (mobile, labs, doctor’s offices, etc) to eliminate significant wait times, surges, and lines.
- Demographic capture to eliminate the need to fill out paper or electronic forms at the screening location.
- Worklist for screening staff to know who should be arriving within scheduled times and documentation that will associate the collected sample to the resident.
- Processing of Screening and lab activities, including follow ups in the event the initial testing is Respiratory Pathogen Profile preceding COVID.
- Automated notification to the resident (and others as required) of the screening result.
- Resident, along with family member, access the website and inputs basic demographics (name, dob, email, mobile #, and name of Primary Care Provider)
- Resident answers “criteria” questions as established by the screening entity
- Questions are real-time scored by “platform” based on scoring criteria set by the screening entity.
- Residents determined not to qualify are emailed & texted information instructing that if they continue to develop symptoms to revisit the website (video & instructional). Optional text campaign to continue to educate and follow-up with residents not qualifying for testing today.
- Residents determined as qualifying for a screen are provided either a drop-down list of screening locations, or may provide a zip code to present potential locations
- Upon selecting a location residents are offered the schedule calendar for that screening location.
- Upon selecting a date and time resident receives by email and text a confirmation which can be printed or resides on phone.
- Residents arrive at the mobile screening site with confirmation in hand at the appropriate date, time and place.
- Resident presents the order confirmation to the sample collector
- Screening Entity notifies residents of results and next steps when results are received from Lab.
- Platform performs analytics by comparing previous question responses to test results.
Screening Entity Staff
- Screening Entity receives next day requisition orders and prints schedules by location label sheets.
- Requisitions possess a Label that can be pulled off and includes resident name, date of birth, and a barcode that will correlate to the Platform’s order database.
- Screening Entity provides daily printed requisitions to the Specimen collector to verify arrivals.
- Resident pulls up to the collector and presents confirmation.
- Collector pulls the appropriate requisition and affixes the label to the swab container after collecting samples.
- Collector places labeled swab containers and signed requisition into an individual sealed plastic bag to be delivered to the lab.
- Receives bag and removes requisition and sample.
- Scans barcode on swab container.
- Run covid screening test.
- Sends results to both Screening Entity and Platform’s database.